There is a common statistic indicates that half of all marriages in America end in divorce. If you find yourself ready to divorce your husband, or your husband is preparing to divorce, it is a wise idea to arm yourself with as much information as you can get. In the world of divorce and other legal process that can profoundly affect your life, you need to experienced professional in your corner to help you navigate the challenges of the divorce process. You need someone who has received years of training in family law and knows all the ins and outs of the legal system in Lewisville next to your side. This is where retaining your Lewisville divorce lawyer in.
Your Denton county attorneys will be your greatest ally potentially challenging process of marital dissolution. You can have a simple divorce, where you and your spouse both agree amicable divorce and have no issue of custody or property to dispute. In that case, the costs and time spent will be minimal compared to a case with custody battles or property in the forefront. If your divorce is simple or complicated, you need a divorce lawyer in Lewisville to get it.
A brief summary of the basic process of divorce in Lewisville:
1. The divorce process begins with the filing of the first petition, called the “original petition for divorce.” This document could be very short or very long, depending on your individual circumstances including children and property issues. If you want to review the request before it is delivered to your husband and archive, please leave your Lewisville divorce lawyer know ASAP.
2. The petition gets filed and your case is assigned to a court. Each county has one or more courts to handle family law. In Lewisville happen to be seven tracks of family law. The courts are chosen randomly. You or your attorney can not request a particular cut.
3. Next comes the discovery phase. Discovery is where one spouse learns what applies to the divorce suit. This may include methods such as depositions, requests for documents and records and interrogations. Your Denton divorce attorney will tell you everything you need to know about the process of discovery and what your role.
4. Tax issues: The matter of state and federal income taxes will be treated. It is extremely likely that both you and your spouse will be jointly responsible for any income tax due on any return that was filed jointly. Your divorce lawyer can explain all the details of this if you have any questions.
5. Food and child support: Depending on your individual circumstances regarding finances and children can and can not deal with the issues of food aid and child at this point. At this time the court will consider the needs of the spouse and / or children of petition, and the ability of the other spouse to pay, and how much.
6. Change your name: At this point you can request a name change if you are a woman who wants to resume using your maiden name. Your divorce lawyer can prepare all the paperwork for you and guide you through this process.